Being Crushed Under a Mountain of Writing

It's my final semester, and my classes are as follows: senior writing seminar, advanced nonfiction writing, reporting and news writing, journalism internship with the university newspaper, and four weekend workshops. I feel like I'm drowning under all the writing, to say nothing of the reading. I don't think journalism is for me after all, although it is teaching me the value of setting and making deadlines, which will come in very handy when I'm working on fiction.

I'm focusing on nonfiction this semester, especially creative nonfiction, which is very different from what I'm used to but also very rewarding. I'm going to revise a creative nonfiction piece on sexual harassment in Egypt to send off for publication as my final seminar project. And my advanced nonfiction class has given me the idea to write a memoir of my semester in Egypt.

So what this means is that blogging will sadly be light, although I am setting a goal of at least one post per week. Once I graduate, I'll probably be on here all the time. And of course I'll let you know if I get anything published!

No comments:

Post a Comment