What I'll Be Doing Once I Graduate

I'm going back to Wisconsin because my fiance and I can't get married right away due to his work schedule. I'll try to get a job. I'm going to consider myself lucky if I can get a writing job. More likely than not it will be minimum-wage, because people aren't exactly falling over themselves to hire English majors these days.

In the meantime I'll scour the internet every day for freelance jobs. And, of course, I will be blogging. Although I just remembered that I'll have to drive to the library for a maximum of one hour internet access.

Sigh.

Here's a list of books I've always wanted to read and now I'm finally going to:
  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
  • Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum
  • God's Dogs by Mitch Wieland (he was a writing professor of mine this past spring)
  • The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt edited by Ian Shaw
  • Pauline Gedge's novels on ancient Egypt
  • Antony and Cleopatra by Colleen McCullough
  • Wilbur Smith's novles on ancient Egypt
  • Christian Jacq's novels on ancient Egypt
  • The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall

No comments:

Post a Comment