Why Good Book Trailers Matter

Watch this book trailer for Sandra Worth's novel Pale Rose of England:



This is the best book trailer I've ever seen. And it's a perfect example of why book trailers are so important. I'm not particularly  interested in this period of history, but after I saw this trailer I decided that I want to read this book. As an author, I decided I might want to hire this production company for my own trailers in the future.

Book trailers are a very important, if not necessary, marketing tool. These days we are more and more an online culture, a culture that is enraptured by little chunks of information that are flashy and attractive. This trailer meets all these criteria. The colors are rich, the models/actors are beautiful, the music is evocative, and the text that tells the storyline is intriguing without revealing too much. I'm sold.

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, this trailer is one of the best. I already knew I was going to read the book, but after watching the trailer, I became quite eager to read it right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a well-done video. I'm not even interested in this time period, and now I can't wait to get my hands on this book!

    ReplyDelete