|Ruins of Carthage, in modern Tunisia|
- Archaeopop reports that so far Libya's cultural heritage is unharmed by the revolution. Go to the link for a couple pictures of Roman ruins in Libya.
- Unfortunately, former Tunisian dictator Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali and his family looted Carthage.
- Elizabeth Kerri Mahon of Scandalous Women contemplates the age-old question: was Cleopatra black?
- Check out the Oriental Institute's page about its upcoming exhibit on Predynastic and Early Dynastic Egypt. There are several photographs of some beautiful artifacts.
- Fantasy Book Critic has a very positive review of Christian Cameron's novel Tyrant: King of the Bosphorus, set around the time of Alexander the Great.