Versatile Blogger Award

Taryn Tyler of Taliesin has bestowed upon me the "Versatile Blogger Award." Thank you! I thought I just made stuff up on the whim. But I guess that just means I'm versatile!



The rules are as follows (copied from Taryn's post):

The original rules:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 5 deserving blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them

OR

Anita's new rules...

Instead of #2 above list the first and last lines of the first five chapters from one of your manuscripts. Can you see a story taking shape? Does it intrigue and intensify, making you want to read what's between?

I am going with the new rules. Alas, I only have the first two chapters of my novel done and am about to start the third.

Chapter 1 opening sentence: When Lord Ranofer awoke, he had no idea that he would be dead by the next morning.

Chapter 2 opening sentence: The priestesses stopped playing their music in mid-note.

Chapter 3 opening sentence (which I just wrote and which may change by tomorrow): Ranofer's body lay on a table in the Tent of Purification on the west bank.

I hope these are good sentences. Critiques and suggestions are welcome! I don't plan on revising anything until I'm done with the first draft, but I like to jot notes in the margins.

2 comments:

  1. Good first sentences...makes me want to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was a little worried about it because I know other novels have started with similar sentences, but I like it because it's simple and effective.

    ReplyDelete